Want to sell your Phoenix Home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a Phoenix Home? Search all homes for sale
Today we want to give you a quick rundown of the Phoenix market at the beginning of the year for January. The latest statistics are in, and we’re excited to share them with you today. Overall, we are still in a seller’s market. These stats prove that fact:
- We currently have 22,000 active listings, compared to 24,000 at the same time last year. This is good news for sellers.
- Pending listings are up, but not by much. A 1% rise is all we’ve seen in the past year.
- Under contract listings are up as well. We currently have 9,300 compared to 8,800 in 2015.
- Monthly sales for January 2016 were 5,200, a big increase from the 4,750 we saw last January.
- The average sales price has risen, too. Homes now sell for an average of $139 per square foot, up from $131 last year.
I would call this more of a flat January than anything else. The market is good, but not as good as we thought it would be. However,
our team just had our best January on record, and we’re excited to see what the rest of the year has to bring.
If you have any questions for us or if we can do anything for you at all, give us a call or send us an email. We’d be glad to help out.